[Credit: I totally stole these from Ryan Holiday at Daily Stoic. In turn, he got them from an interview with the modern philosopher Tom Morris.]
- A clear CONCEPTION of what we want, a vivid vision, a goal clearly imagined.
- A strong CONFIDENCE that we can attain that goal.
- A focused CONCENTRATION on what it takes to reach our goal.
- A stubborn CONSISTENCY in pursuing our vision.
- An emotional COMMITMENT to the importance of what we’re doing.
- A good CHARACTER to guide us and keep us on a proper course.
- A CAPACITY TO ENJOY the process along the way.
I’d add to that list: A strong COFFEE! 😀