Are you living your life like an NPC (Non-Player Character)? Are you not really living your life’s purpose? Maybe you don’t even have any idea about what your life’s purpose might be?
Then watch this:
The above video from Universal Man (Mark Queppet) resonates strongly with the Truth.
“You have to be more bored than afraid [to be productive]”Universal Man
I will be following this guy’s YouTube channel closely. If you’re on a similar journey to me, I recommend you do too.
Here are some of my current & former dopamine loops, plus what I’m doing about them:
- Mindlessly browsing Facebook… -> I deleted my account months ago.
- Mindlessly watching YouTube videos even if I’m not particularly interested in them… -> I’m now much more discerning, I try to watch only videos which feel meaningful.
- Scrolling through Instagram looking at hot babes (testosterone AND dopamine loop)… -> Deleted my Instagram account months ago.
- Wandering into the kitchen looking for food even if I wasn’t hungry… -> I now ask myself if I really want the food before I eat. Often I’m bored, not hungry.
- Playing videogames (used to be my biggest hobby) -> I haven’t played games at all for about 3 weeks. I will still play them occasionally, but way less than before.
- Visiting Reddit multiple times per day… -> I’m still trying to strike a balance here because lots of my Reddit use genuinely does feel meaningful.
- Watching pr0n (wasn’t a big issue for me really) -> I almost never watch pr0n now.
What about you? What are your dopamine loops? How are you mindlessly distracting yourself and ruining your productivity? Let me know in the comments.
Like what you see? Join my email list and get regular updates.